Left-Behind Families of the long-term missing, caring community members, missing persons support services, and law enforcement officers are invited to participate in this effort to help families of missing persons make connections.
Make connections that could help bring a missing person home!
If you or someone you know has been impacted by the unexpected disappearance of a loved one, Missing in Southeast Texas Day (formerly Missing in Harris County Day) can help you make connections with organizations dedicated to locating the missing.
You will have the opportunity to file a missing persons report, learn the next steps that you can take, and access all the resources available to you in your search.
Please bring the following if
you are searching for a missing loved one:
– Your photo ID
– Photos of the missing person: Helpful photos will include the person photographed with any identifying features, such as tattoos or birthmarks, or personal items, such as favorite earrings
– Two of the missing person’s closely related family members from the mother’s side (if possible) for the voluntary submission of DNA
– X-rays, dental or medical records, police reports or other identifying documents that can be scanned and placed on file
– Families and friends are welcome to wear memorial t-shirts, bring posters or any literature to display and commemorate their missing loved one (any literature or photos left behind will not be returned)
– You are invited to download and complete the Missing Person Comprehensive Case Form (to the best of your ability) to bring to Missing in Southeast Texas Day (formerly Missing in Harris County Day). This will save you time as you move from station to station to ensure all partners have the correct information. If you are unable to attend, please use this resource for your records.
Volunteer guides will be available to assist all family members and friends at the Welcome Desk.
Want to help promote Missing in Southeast Texas Day, but don’t know where to begin? Here are some 2024
MISETX Day Sample Social Posts
to get you started!
Want to support Missing in Southeast Texas Day, but can’t attend? Here are some 100% tax deductible sponsorship options:
2024 MISETXD Underwriting Opportunities and Benefits
Or visit our Underwriting page.
Thank You to Our 2023 Underwriting Partners
Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences
Thank You 2023 Event Partners
Like our Facebook page, Missing in Southeast Texas Day
(formerly Missing in Harris County Day),
so you can receive updates on this annual event.